Monetease Poem




Some say money brings blissful opportunities
I say it’s just a way to distance us from unity
Why isn’t this a matter of such intense scrutiny
For all money can buy, it can never buy community
We’ve created a world to be enslaved by a purchase
This is what occurs when more wealth is what we worship
It’s become like a sacrifice, but is it really worth it?
Like so many addicts, we became hooked from the first hit
Too many believe money is the true answer
We prance around its cons like a flightless dancer
Talk about the one percent, yet we envy their lives
I wanted to comment on a world where fair thrives
Fairness has somehow been perverted to corruption
It’s come to mean all is well until an eruption
But if I share all of my care, how can I still function?
It’s easy if you try sustainable consumption
Forget the black Fridays and spend time with the family
This is where the true wealth is now can’t you see?
For even if I had the chance to earn dollars endlessly
I would still realize that I haven’t earned the best of me


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Natural News Article: Curcumin vs. Cancer

A Page From Life (Poem)

Help for Maui Hawaii (Updated)