Values and Vices Poem

Does our worth come with a dollar sign?
No, not yours and certainly not mine
So many images, yet so hard to see
The vision we should have for true unity

Does our worth equate to social status?
I know many rich people who don’t have this
Their worth lives on in the values they hold
I take notice this as my life unfolds

I value many things, but take careful steps
That allow me to rise, not fall to the depths
Set sight on my blessings, boldly confessing
The man that I am won’t need second guessing

All this that I write are much more than words
To think I’m above someone else is absurd
If life gives me lemons, let me make lemonade
Turn on your passion and let anger fade


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Natural News Article: Curcumin vs. Cancer

A Page From Life (Poem)

Help for Maui Hawaii (Updated)