Update From Last Post

Well, as of right now I am in an accredited dietetic internship through Daemen college. I got 4 RDs who've agreed to be my preceptors for various rotations. I am still putting in the grunt work of securing my remaining rotations, but am very proud of myself for getting this far. After successful completion of this internship, I will be eligible to take the RD exam. After passing the exam, I will officially become an RD. (Whew!)

My road has been long, winding and ridden with obstacles. I have had numerous setbacks and disappointments. Yet, as I reflect on my journey, it is precisely because of its difficulty that I appreciate my accomplishments so much. Regardless of where I end up, it's a long way and a lot better than from where I came. Many gracious opportunities have come up recently, and I refuse to let them go unnoticed.

I chose this field because of how satisfied I feel when helping others do positive things with their life. Through research, volunteering, and conversations with those in the field, I know how significant nutrition is to overall health. I am committed to putting my best effort forward to have the most beneficial impact possible. Furthermore, I will learn and grow alongside some of the most competent RDs who've traveled before me.

In closing, let me say that regardless of your path in life, if you truly believe it is right for you, Never Give Up. Many good friends of mine have dropped out, changed majors, or pursued other things and that's fine, but for me, I knew this was what I came for and stuck with it through thick and thin. I'm far from the smartest or hardest working person, but I am someone willing to improve myself and be just that much better than who I was yesterday. With my family, friends, professors and colleagues proud of me, I know I'm doing something right.

JA

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Natural News Article: Curcumin vs. Cancer

A Page From Life (Poem)

Help for Maui Hawaii (Updated)