Always Looking Further Poem


Always Looking Further
You lay out your emotions before my very eyes
Like folding out the laundry after it has dried
It sure has been a long way we have come so far
Yet you still see it your way; and so here we are
You’re always looking further; causing me to do the same
I guess if you were not here in the past I would remain
In your eyes I see the promise of brighter days ahead
But I still know where I came from; so I’m careful where I’m led
The efforts that I’ve made have not been in vain
Planning my next moves, I prepare for the rain
You’re always looking further; into the great void out there
I gaze out in the distance, and I wonder as I stare
If I take a new direction, then I can say that I tried
If I stay right where I am now, will my hopes be satisfied?
Still I look on to the future, with a smile on my face
I see the gifts that each day brings me, and I thank God for such grace
You’re always looking further; and now I know the reason why
It’s the force within that drives you, while others just sit by
So if it’s not the same the second time around
At least I can say there’s such great truth I found
                                             Photo from Luke Stackpole (@withluke) from unsplash.com.  Lyrics my own. Thank you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Natural News Article: Curcumin vs. Cancer

A Page From Life (Poem)

Help for Maui Hawaii (Updated)