Message to Gov/Papers on Venezuela

To whom it may concern;

In 2016, I was hopeful when I heard Candidate Trump advocate against foreign interference in the affairs of other nations; especially their governmental affairs. Yet today, I watch as we seem to repeat history by meddling once-again with the democratically-elected President of Venezuela, Nicolás Maduro. Furthermore, President Trump and many other U.S. government leaders refuse to recognize Maduro, instead recognizing someone (Juan Guaido) who was never elected and whom many of us have never heard of; knowing little or nothing about. This scenario presents me with some important questions:

1. What right does the U.S have to be in Venezuela when we were not invited there and have been specifically told by their Elected President, Maduro that we are not welcome in the country?

2. What right does the U.S. have to decide who is and is not a legitimate leader of another nation?

3. How can we claim to promote and defend democracy when we refuse to recognize democratically-elected leaders?

These are just some of the critical concerns surrounding this and other foreign interventions the U.S. has engaged in. I love this country and I work and pray for its success, safety and liberty. However; I also consider the safety and liberty of other nations highly important. If we continue to become involved in exerting our power and influence over foreign nations; I believe everyone will be the lesser for it. The old adage of "You reap what you sow" appears as a glaring reminder that actions have consequences. We all have a lot of room for improvement in our own nation. Perhaps if we place our energies and resources here, we may indeed serve as a beacon for others rather than a bully exerting dominance over the vulnerable. I hope very much my concern is shared with you, along with my efforts, however small, to better our ways. Thank you very much.

Sincerely,

Joe Albrecht

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Natural News Article: Curcumin vs. Cancer

A Page From Life (Poem)

Help for Maui Hawaii (Updated)