Now More Than Ever: Personal Reflections.

Working in healthcare for over 5 years has taught me a lot of essential lessons. One among them being the power of resilience. While we all know healthcare facilities are open 24/7, 365 and days can be tough, it helps to gain perspective of our actions and how they make a difference. I started volunteering as a dietary aide in a hospital kitchen in 2014, working alongside paid workers, all grateful to have an extra hand. Eventually I was hired to this position. I told myself that everyone needs to eat and should look forward to good meals during their stay. As a dietitian now, this mindset continues. I see myself as one who advocates for residents and educate them and/or families during often trying times. While not everyone shows gratitude, those who do lift my spirits and see the worth behind my work. I also realize that it is a team effort from cooks to directors to nurses and so many others which keeps things running every day. Each day is a new learning experience for me, as I seek to improve and apply myself as best I can. Despite this, I'm not naive and see the devastation of Covid-19 and other conditions on people, their families and healthcare facilities. This is a very serious crisis that tests us all. I can only do my part to be responsible with my daily tasks. I feel it's brought us all a bit closer on a personal and human level, which is important. Often many can go from day-to-day without seeing the personal effects of their words and actions. Now more than ever, it is critical to look past racial, economic, philosophical and other things which can painfully divide us. Now more than ever, we must pause and reflect on what we have; each other.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Natural News Article: Curcumin vs. Cancer

A Page From Life (Poem)

Help for Maui Hawaii (Updated)