I Am (poem)

I am the fear. 

Flowing constantly day and night.

I am the silence when facing wrong and supporting right.

I am complacency, the comfortably crafted pattern of our days.

I am the ego; blurring the conscience in a smoggy haze.

But I am also the humble, knowing full well the oppressed.

I am the voice for the voiceless. Power for the powerless.

I am the Chinese Uighurs, ignored by the blaring screens.

I am the seekers of every child's stolen dreams. 

I am knowledge, and understanding of the heart.

In the midst of ugliness, I still create art. 

I am the soldier in the war of the mind.

I am the hand reaching for those who fall behind.

I am the best and the worst that one can be. 

The good the bad, the ugly. I am me. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Natural News Article: Curcumin vs. Cancer

A Page From Life (Poem)

Help for Maui Hawaii (Updated)