Story of My Soul poem

Born and raised in the Island of Long

Yet I felt the West pull me strong

Job offer for me at the Roseburg VA

My father and I drove all the way

Met lots of nice people, traveled far and wide

Did what I could to turn the tide

Sometimes on my heart is nothing but pain

Still I push on, though some say I'm insane

Saving money overall, though still not afraid to spend

Searching for grace and strength; giving back where I can

Either way I stay humble and submit to God's plan

Realizing that I'm a mere mortal man

I've been weak and strong, up and down

Happy and sad, serious and clown

From the stillness of my soul, I surrender myself

Realizing that I'm not much more than Santa's elf

I still do my part to spread smile and cheer

Living in each moment, through faith over fear. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Natural News Article: Curcumin vs. Cancer

A Page From Life (Poem)

Help for Maui Hawaii (Updated)