This Lenten Season: Repent And Believe In The Gospel.

 "Rend not your garments, rend your hearts"-The Prophet Joel (Old Testament)

"I desire mercy and not sacrifice."-Jesus

Helping distribute the ashes on the foreheads and serving as Eucharistic minister at this evening's mass are just some of the ways in which I feel called to serve God and His Church. 

The so called "beauty" of this age is fading away; perhaps faster now than ever before. Part of me says, "Rightly so". A nation, society and people that celebrate unsustainability and debt inevitably reap what they sow. And me? Well, let's just say I'm a small but relevant counterbalance to a train that's gone completely off its rails. I try to be, at least a few drops of water or squirts of extinguisher on the raging fires of consumption, apathy and aloofness. And yes; I know I'm not at all worthy of any honor. My failures ever before me could form a mountain which no warrior can climb. But at least I try. At least I can say I fought in whatever small marginal, quiet way to better myself and those around me. And, as always, I'm a work in progress. 

This Lenten Season, I'm going to make an earnest effort to avoid excess. In food, pleasure, time, money, etc... I'm going to try to turn first to prayer before anything else to give me sound direction and ward off any evil. I'm going to try to glorify God and His Church by staying humble, confessing my sins, praying for myself and others and being charitable where I can. I invite you all to do the same. May God Bless You and Be With You.-JA

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Natural News Article: Curcumin vs. Cancer

A Page From Life (Poem)

Help for Maui Hawaii (Updated)