My Perspective Poem

When I’m done adding up, I’m left with senseless numbers
I have had enough of being shoved down under
This rug of emptiness, although I try to fill it up more
Comes back to bring me down, and I just feel it rupture
Few will really listen as this takes up their time
Besides, my reputation isn’t really up to prime
Yea sure I have support, yet I must support myself
There’s nothing to retort, but to come out of the stealth
Living my life like there’s really no one else
Knowing what it’s like to feel poor with such great wealth
 Let me ask you this, have you really had a dream
Then tried to live it out and find it’s not what it seemed?
I’ve been there before, opened up the locked door
Only to find out that I was not on the right floor
Picking myself up, when the burden piles on
Trying to share it, because I can’t do it alone
 I try not to use scapegoats, telling the truth on my own
Yet here too I fall short of a point of satisfaction
I’ve seen enough division and far too much inaction
Issues go ignored like greed and senseless war
At the same time we heed the same as before
Worshiping the wealthy, but turn our backs on the poor
Distorters of the truth, distractions from the proof
In front of our eyes, if we stopped being aloof
If we just confess it’s good to live with less
We’d start to drag ourselves out of our own mess
Yet we focus on who’s on top in show business
And whatever the hottest girl had on for a dress
As a young man living in this very culture
I have seen how an eagle becomes a vulture
I have seen many straws break the camel’s back
Endured many flaws that made me back track
The answer is often simple even if the question’s not
One just has to struggle, giving all that they’ve got
If this is achieved, success is guaranteed
Though perhaps not by the standard on which we once believed

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Natural News Article: Curcumin vs. Cancer

A Page From Life (Poem)

Help for Maui Hawaii (Updated)