Q? No Thank You!

 Recently my closest friend from work/local community, has appeared to fully subscribe to the latest hyped up "resistance movement" known as Q or Q-anon. Me being the lowkey guy I am, I tried to gently dissuade him from all this, with no effect. Since then, I've watched him go from formerly really relaxed and optimistic to increasingly paranoid, spreading the latest "happenings/plan" to whoever's willing to listen. Not much I can do now as he "doesn't care what anyone thinks of him". Here's my take...

1) Balance: Despite seeming to be constantly busy, many people have too much time on their hands and/or too much space in their heads for anyone with a convincing tale and a mouthpiece/camera. As such, they don't occupy their time with productive/positive activities. Sense of humor is diminished as they "got to be ready", "something's gonna happen?" Really? Something is Always gonna happen. Unprecedented times? What are precedented times? Yet to get an answer to this. 

2) Shift the Blame on Others: This has gone to ridiculous extremes. Major example? Mike Pence went from being "A man of God, and loyal patriot", to "He has allegations of pedophilia"... Of course this change happened After Pence went against the wishes of Q, etc... So what are these based on, someone's hearsay who now gets more radio time than ever before? Did we personally see this, or at least independently verify it, ideally with multiple credible sources? And finally, do we really think we are the right ones to make these allegations with so much rampant misinformation out there. We all have skeletons in our closets that we alone are responsible for. My Christian belief is that I will only answer for my own actions/inactions when all is said and done. 

3) The Source of This? (I Kinda Understand): Look, I can see why a lot of people feel disenfranchised and even to some extent outraged. There's inequality on a catastrophic scale. Confusion abounds with much information coming from very few major media channels. Many feel left out by people who put their own interests above the will of the people they're supposed to represent. However, there will unfortunately always be bad actors and controlled opposition grasping on every opportunity for change. We saw this with Occupy Wall St protester agitators and most recently at the Capitol. Most Trump supporters were peaceful and prayerful, but there's always a few who either by their own extremism or that of other bad actors, get caught up in deadly violence. 

To Sum it Up: I pray for God's peace through Jesus Christ for all people. I pray for a needed humility and mutual reconciliation that comes by humbling ourselves and drawing close to God's grace. I pray for tempers to cool and heads to clear, as we do our best to peacefully and responsibly move forward. We all have much work to be done. I have hope. Hope that comes from knowing the foundation I stand on. The family I do my best to make proud. The loyalty I show to family and friends. The causes I support. Peace and goodwill to all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Natural News Article: Curcumin vs. Cancer

A Page From Life (Poem)

Help for Maui Hawaii (Updated)