What it's about (What it's Like Cover)


True story.  My dad and I took a walk around the neighborhood while on vacation in Florida.  A man in ragged clothes came up to us, saying he's from Georgia, and needs thirteen dollars to stay in a cheap room for the night.  My dad asked the man if fifty dollars could get him back to Georgia, giving his name, number and mailing address, telling the man to send the money back once he was settled.  It's no shock that the money never showed up, but the deeper message of helping the least among us resonated in my heart.  In the spirit of Everlast, here's a condensed parody, sung to the tune of What it's Like.  

I’m walking with my dad down in the Florida sun.
A man walks up and he asks us for a modest sum.
My dad saw the man and wanted him to be thrifty.
Though he asked for 13 dollars, he walked away with fifty.
I looked at my dad, saying what was that all about?
He said, Joe, those of us with must help those of us without.
Then I realized what it’s about (4).
We often wine about how our lives aren’t fair.
Instead of this, we should just list the times we’ve shown a care.
Then suddenly, we see it’s there in front of our face,
Our sorrow ends, we make new friends to help our case.
Greed, lusts and power don’t have to rule our hearts.
We can lend a hand and all demand that love’s where all starts.
If you’re still wondering what this is all about,
It’s opening ourselves to those who are without.
Then you’ll realize what it’s about (4).



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Natural News Article: Curcumin vs. Cancer

A Page From Life (Poem)

Help for Maui Hawaii (Updated)